Merritt Island, Florida
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
The St. Luke’s Episcopal Church of Merritt Island, Florida is an excellent example of Carpenter Gothic architecture constructed in Florida during the 1870s and 1880s. Constructed in 1888, St. Luke’s was constructed of Merritt Island pine tree timber. The interior of the chapel remains virtually unchanged. While exterior aluminum sheathing was placed over the original wood in 1977, it retains the original appearance. The St. Luke’s chapel and the cemetery were placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. ChronoPoints used the Leica RTC360 scanner to capture both the building’s interior and exterior.